|author||Werner Almesberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-08-20 18:29:54 -0300|
|committer||Werner Almesberger <email@example.com>||2016-08-20 18:29:54 -0300|
eeshow/gui/glabel.c (hover_glabel): more discussion of "hanging" pop-ups
Diffstat (limited to 'gui')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/gui/glabel.c b/gui/glabel.c
index 7243c86..83936da 100644
@@ -260,11 +260,20 @@ static bool hover_glabel(void *user, bool on)
* instead the box, either in general, or in this specific case. Not
* sure if it's worth the trouble, though.
+ * Another way to avoid the problem would be to size the pop-up such
+ * that it always includes the mouse position. But that could lead to
+ * rather weird-looking results at deep high zoom levels.
+ * Yet another option would be to move the mouse pointer onto the
+ * pop-up. The problem with this is that forced mouse pointer movement
+ * is not appreciated by all users.
* Both issues result in a "hanging" pop-up because AoI (and input)
* don't even know we're hovering. The pop-up can be cleared by
* - hovering into it,
- * - hovering over some other glabel, or
- * - clicking.
+ * - hovering over some other glabel,
+ * - clicking, or
+ * - pressing Escape.